Chocolate Removal from Clothes and Carpet
MONDAY, OCTOBER 31, 2022
Well the trick-or-treating is fast approaching, and inevitably some of the chocolate may land on the clothes. Some essential things to remember about chocolate removal:
- Act quickly. The quicker you get to a stain, the better your chances for removal.
- Use COLD water as hot water can set the stain permanently.
- Use the cold water on the under-side of the garment so the chocolate doesn’t go thru the fabric any more than it already has.
- Use a spoon or butter knife to scrape off excess chocolate. This way you won’t spread the chocolate stain any more than necessary.
- Do not rub or scrape the chocolate or you will embed it into the fibers.
- Use laundry soap on chocolate stain and then let soak in soapy water for 15 minutes. Use spot remover if necessary. And wash as usual.
- NEVER DRY the clothes until the stain is completely removed or you will set the stain permanently.
If chocolate gets on the carpet or upholstery, the steps are similar: act quickly, use cold water rather than hot water, use spoon to scrape off excess chocolate, and never rub or scrape chocolate or you could embed into fibers of carpet and upholstery. However, NEVER use laundry or dish soap on carpet or furniture or you can do more damage because you will be altering the pH of the stain and make it more difficult for a professional to remove.
Once you’ve removed as much excess as possible, use the Chem-Dry World Famous Spot Remover as this is your best bet in removing the stain. If the stain is still present, don’t try “home remedies” as you can actually “set” the stain and make it permanent. Call Chem-Dry of Michiana for help in removing those stubborn spots.
Have a safe and fun Halloween!
BACK TO BLOGS